Monday, April 27, 2009

A Little Practice

I just returned from a dusk run out at Shevlin Park. Like with most of the runs I've been on since Learn to Run began I spent some time thinking about my core, my breathing, my lean. Some of it comes more naturally than others

We've covered 6 pretty basic ideas these first 2 weeks (align, breath, core, lean, lift, and land) but there really is a lot to practice. Believe it or not, you could work on these for a lifetime of movement and possibly never master them. All the more reason to practice sometimes but not all the time. Take what you need from your time outside. Sometimes it's to hash out your life, others to be social, or maybe just write a song in your mind. As often as you can, take a few minutes of each run to practice your running. It's working for me right now and I hope it is for you. Cheers-Teague

No comments:

Post a Comment